The Belknap Mill

March 14, 2018

Hello again! I hope you were all able to shovel yourselves out after this third snowstorm in three weeks! I think I speak for most people when I say, PLEASE LET THIS BE THE LAST ONE!! Yes, the snow looks pretty, but I am ready for spring to actually happen. Oh the winters of New England.

A couple weeks ago I was asked to photograph the Belknap Mill in Laconia, NH. I loved photographing this building and all the details because it has so much old history and character.  It used to be an old hosiery mill back in the day. My grandmother actually worked there when she was younger! They have the original machinery that was used when the mill was in operation from 1823 to 1969 and have frequent tours showcasing all the history of the building. There is a museum on the first floor that exhibits the history of hydroelectric power and the role it played in the American Industrial Revolution. It's also the perfect location for photo shoots because it has so many well lit areas to explore. You might remember my most recent post of Alyssa & Nick's Maternity Session at this very place! Everyone there has been great to work with as well. Kate, the events planner, is the bomb and has helped me so much. This place can host many types of events from weddings, baby and bridal showers, birthday parties, group get-togethers, and even concerts! These photos showcase the many spaces available as well as all the historical essence and charm within the building. 




 
This area of the Mill displays all the old factory equipment that was used when the building was a sock factory


**All photos are © 2018 Ashley Eileen Photography** 


Protected by Copyscape

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Post

Little Baby Conan!

It's little baby Conan day! This sweetie was born in the beginning of April and I got to be in baby holding heaven for a little while du...

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts